- · APPLE CIDER VINEGAR COMBINED WITH WATER CAN BE USED AS A FACE TONER AND HELPS TO REDUCE AGE SPOTS AND SUN DAMAGE
- · APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CLEANSES YOUR KIDNEYS= GREAT SKIN
- · RINSE YOUR HAIR WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO KEEP YOUR LOCKS SHINEY
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
In winter, showers become warmer and skins become drier. It’s important to pay attention to your skin’s new conditions. Creating an even base can be a challenge. You need a good skincare regime that hydrates the skin, ready for makeup.
If your skin is flaky you should moisturize before applying foundation. However you should never mix an oil-based moisturizer with water based foundation and vise versa because it will cause your foundation to separate.
Do not use a foundation brush or stippling brush if your skin is flaky, as this will just cause micro exfoliation. Instead use a sponge. I love using the 27Pinkx base blender. The Base blender is soft enough that it does not aggravate skin dryness and leave you with flakes after applying foundation.
· MAC face and body
· Bobbi Brown EXTRA Repair Foundation SPF 25
· Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
In Winter I always prefer to go for the darker, smokier, sultry makeup looks.
Here are some shades I’m loving for winter:
· Estee Lauder- Pure Color Crystal in Tiramisu
· MAC -Honor
Monday, May 6, 2013
Grooming yourself boosts your confidence, makes you feel clean and feminine.
All woman should be groomed and it’s not that pricy. The worst feeling in the world is the feeling of being unkept and haggard.
First assess your self
See what needs immediate attention :
Eg . cracked feet, ingrown hairs , yellow teeth. Try and sort this out immediately.
Get into the routine
- · Brush your teeth before and after breakfast and before bed. If possible use a whitening tooth paste to maintain your pearly whites.
- · Floss, this prevents a buildup of plaque, tartar and bad breath, the worst thing is seeing a women with plaque teeth.
- · Wash your face/ cleanse to remove impurities
- · Shower.. duuuh!! But make your shower make you feel amazing, here are some tips: use a body wash that smells amazing, that’s the best feeling first thing in the morning.. condition your hair and comb out knots in the shower, this makes hair ten times easier to manage. Rinse your hair with cold water to seal your cuticles and prevent frizz. if you have the time, treat yourself to a bubble bath, and go all out with body oils and bath salts, you'll feel relaxed and pampered
- · Wear an anti perspirant, women who smell are NOT ATTRACTIVE
- · Moisturize your body from head to toe, this is a must, soft skin is beautiful.
- wear a little bit of makeup before leaving the house, just some tinted moisturizer, mascara and lipgloss, you'll feel confident and look alive.
- · Apply sunscreen daily, we all know why!!!
- · Brush your hair and style if necessary
- · Moisturize your lips, this tip really works , if your lips are very dry apply vicks vapo rub on them overnight, don’t do this daily though.
Once a week
· Cut/ file nails
· Cut cuticles
· Use a cuticle oil, if you want to use something natural try olive oil
Once every 2/3 weeks
· Remove unwanted hair
· Foot scrub + intense moisturizer on hands and feet
· Apply face mask
· Apply hair mask
· Have a manicure and pedicure at home or in a salon
Once every 6 weeks
· Root touchup on your hair or full color
· Body scrub
Once every 6 months:
· Go for a clean up to the dentist
Some natural beauty tips to get you started:
· Brush your teeth with bicarb of soda for a whiter brighter smile once a week.
· Apply coconut, castor or olive oil to your hair for luscious locks
· Massage olive oil on your nails and cuticles, It keeps your nails shiny and strong
· Apply petroleum jelly on your feet and wear socks
· Use almond oil as an eye cream, this helps with dark circles
· Chilled rose water makes a great toner.
· Make an at home scrub using olive oil and sugar and add your favorite aroma therapy oil for a nice fragrance
And if you want to go all out, and you can offord it, here a some treatments to keep you looking like a well groomed women
· Monthly paraffin wax treatments for your hands and feet, to keep them soft and supple.
· The brazillian blow wave is the ultimate treatment to prevent frizz, and keeps your hair looking neat
· Laser hair removal, is a great way to reduce hair growth especially your underarms and bikini
· Whitening teeth treatments like brightsmile are pricy but really do make your teeth super white.
· Monthly facials at a spa, with specialized add ons like high frequency for acne, or mesotherapy for anti ageing ( for those of you who love botox and fillers, remember it is the tone of your skin that ages you more than wrinkles, try and turn back time with good products and treaments, before you resort to needles, an even skin is youthful, if you cant achieve this with products you can always use makeup )
· Full body exfoliation for glowing skin and for cell regeneration – once a month
Follow this checklist, you will feel so much better and look incredible